Ivan W. Moskowitz has been practicing real estate law for over 30 years. He has broad experience in real estate development, ground leasing, acquisitions and financings, with a sub-focus in retail leasing. His practice includes representations of significant New York City real estate investors and developers, as well as national companies.
Mr. Moskowitz has been involved in many high-profile real estate transactions in New York City.
- He represented the purchasers of 609 Fifth Avenue and their subsequent leasing of the retail portion for American Girl's flagship store in New York.
- He served as counsel for the net ground leasing of 720 Fifth Avenue and the subsequent leasing of the retail portion to Abercrombie & Fitch for their New York flagship store.
- He represented the purchaser of two buildings on 34th Street and a development site on Times Square, which resulted in the closing by the seller of the last Howard Johnson's store in New York City. The Times Square site was subsequently leased to American Eagle for their flagship store in one of the largest retail leases (in terms of gross rent) in New York City, which included almost 15,000 square feet of signage.
- We represented a major New York City building owner in connection with the leasing of 275,000 square feet to a tenant with the option of the tenant to purchase its premises when the building is converted to condominium ownership.
- We represented the purchasers of a prime Fifth Avenue retail condominium unit, the leasing to major European tenants and subsequent $245,000 refinancing.
- We represented the purchasers of a lower Fifth loft building and conversion of the building to retail and residential condominium units.
- We represented the developers of a 150,000 square foot retail space on the upper West side in connection with the leasing of the property to major retail tenants.
- We represented a West Coast retail chain in connection with their opening in the New York City and eastern market.
Awards and Honors
AV Rated — Martindale-Hubbell