American Bankers Association 2012 Trust and Estate Planning Telephone Briefing Series
September 6, 2012
- 3:00 p.m.
Thomas W. Abendroth, lead partner of Schiff Hardin’s Private Clients, Trusts and Estates Group, will co-present the ABA telephone briefing "The Increasing Importance of International Estate Planning," on Thursday, Sept.6. The live telephone briefing will discuss:
- For whom is this important?
- The need for qualified domestic trusts for non-citizen spouses
- Then annual exclusion for non-citizen spouses
- Planning techniques to benefit U.S. resident descendants of non-citizen donors
- The need to review the treaties
- Foreign trust rules for fiduciary income tax purposes.
Additional information and registration is available at
CTFA, CFP, CPE and CPA credit is available.