American Conference Institute FCPA Boot Camp
June 27, 2012
- 10:15 a.m.
Kelly M. Warner, an attorney in Schiff Hardin’s Litigation group, will be a speaker at the American Conference Institute 15th FCPA Boot Camp seminar on Wednesday, June 27 at the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile (505 N Michigan Ave, Chicago). The discussion in which Ms. Warner is participating, “How to Survive an FCPA Government Investigation: What to Expect and How to Respond When the Government Comes Knocking,” will address the following:
- What to do in the first day, week and month of an anti-bribery/anti-corruption investigation
- The implications of data privacy in an investigation: understanding the civil and criminal penalties for data regulation violations
- Preserving the cooperative image of the company with the Government
- When is self-disclosure advisable in the US? Overseas?
- When should the company take immediate corrective action?
- What the authorities will expect in your due diligence file
- How to make employment decisions regarding termination
- Ensuring confidentiality: Crafting subject matter waivers, select waivers and non-disclosure agreements in the face of conflicting case law
- Organizing your response: what is expected of US, UK and other foreign governments
- Ensuring compliance while working under a DPA
- The true impact of voluntary disclosure: how it affects investigations and penalty levels
- Addressing disclosure to sensitive customers
- Living with a compliance monitor: how to select a monitor and establish a working relationship
- Restoring your reputation
Additional information and registration is available here
CLE credit is available.