August 18, 2009
- 11:00 AM
Renee Cipriano, a partner in Schiff Hardin's Environmental Group, will speak at the "SB 1906: Financing Renewable Energy Projects in Illinois" TeleBriefing sponsored by Law Seminars International.
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn recently signed SB 1906, which allows the Illinois Finance Authority (IFA) to issue bonds to finance more clean coal and renewable energy projects. It also increases IFA's bonding authority to $3 billion. The law will take effect on January 1, 2010.
This program will focus on how SB 1906 clarifies the IFA's ability to provide credit enhancement (loan guarantee) products in addition to bond financing. In provisions beneficial to biofuel development, SB 1906 also increases the IFA's loan guarantee limit for agri-business projects from $75 million to $225 million. The changes may additionally provide the state with more access to federal funding for green initiatives.
What You Will Learn
- New state funding and loan guarantee programs for clean coal and renewable energy development
- How the state will more effectively compete for federal resources
- The IFA's policy priorities and implementation plans
- IFA's loan guarantee lincrease for agri-business projects
- Practical tips for project developers
Tuition is $125 per caller and $50 each for any additional people on the same line who desire continuing education credit.
CLE credits are available.
For additional information, please visit http://www.lawseminars.com/detail.php?SeminarCode=09FRENTB.